The job requisition to which you referred is closed and is not currently open for application.
The details for this requisition are shown below for archival and reference use only.
Dept Behavioral Hlth& Dev Disb
Annual Salary Minimum:
Annual Salary Maximum:
Salary Details: Pay Grade 10 on the Statewide Salary Plan
Duties & Responsibilities: The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Facility Safety Officer - Sergeant at East Central Regional Hospital, located in Augusta, GA.
Guards, patrols, or monitors premises, facilities and other areas to prevent theft, violence, and infractions of rules. Secures and protects facility in case of fires, natural disasters, or other hazardous events. May serve as lead worker.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
• Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
• Answers alarms and investigates disturbances
• Assists in developing security staffing, shift and contingency plans for facility
• Coordinates operational plans with other law enforcement agencies
• Escorts or drives motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection
• Inspects assigned area for fire or environmental hazards
• Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against and maintain security of premises
• Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates
• Responds to fires, natural disasters, or other hazardous events
• Warns persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehends or evicts violators from premises, using force if necessary
• Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities
Sample Technical Competencies:
• Ability to identify signs of unlawful entry.
• Ability to patrol assigned areas.
• Ability to operate alarm panels.
• Ability to handle crisis situations according to established guidelines.
• Ability to complete reports according to established guidelines.
• Ability to develop and implement plans.
Minimum Training & Experience: High school diploma or GED and two years of related experience Or One year at the lower level or equivalent (PST051) Note: Some positions may require POST certification or eligibility Note: Some positions may require area specific certifications or eligibility
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
Preference will be given to those who, in addition to meeting the above qualifications, also possess the following:
• 2 years experience performing criminal investigations with a state, local, or federal law enforcement agency which involved gathering facts, interviewing witnesses, and testifying at hearings and trials
• Current Georgia POST Certification as a peace officer
• Demonstrated experience conducting investigations and in preparing and presenting case reports and testimony to the judicial system
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact:*
*Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.