The job requisition to which you referred is closed and is not currently open for application.
The details for this requisition are shown below for archival and reference use only.
Annual Salary Minimum:
Annual Salary Maximum:
Salary Details: This position is a pay grade 18 (Competitive starting annual salary $47,280 - $65,121) on the statewide salary plan. Position #72074
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Georgia Department of Community Health, Division of Public Health is seeking qualified candidates for our STD Unit Director position for the Infectious Disease & Immunization Program in our Atlanta office.
Plans and develops the overall operation of the statewide STD Unit. Coordinates statewide STD Prevention services to ensure that all activities and initiatives are working together as part of an overall system that continues to evolve. Assists in the formulation of policies and procedures; directs planning and operational activities that will ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and assessment of the statewide STD prevention program. Sets goals and objectives for personnel. Identifies staff and programmatic training needs and coordinates training activities to respond to those needs. Conducts reviews and analysis and makes recommendations for existing and new grant applications and progress reports. Identifies staffing needs and initiates personnel and hiring activities; monitors the expenditures of funds totaling $4 million dollars and ensures the maximum and appropriate utilization of available resources. Assists with the development of annual and biannual operating state budget. Incumbent will be responsible for managing a staff of 10 professional, technical and clerical staff.
Minimum Training & Experience: Completion of 90 quarter hours (60 sem hrs) at an accredited college or university AND Six years of related experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university AND Four years of related experience
Master's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
Four years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Note: Experience in a related area may substitute for degree on a year by year basis.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, preference will be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Five (5) years of professional work experience in public health STD programs or related fields that incorporated public health laws, rules and regulations, budgets contracts and compliance; Experience must include progressive supervisory experience
- Seven (7) years of experience in community health organization that incorporated knowledge of health laws, rules and regulations, budgets, contracts and compliance; Experience must include five (5) years of progressive supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating STD Prevention services for a State or County
- Experience administering large grants and/or cooperative agreements
- Experience managing teams with proven leadership skills
- A Master’s or PhD in Public Health with a specialization in epidemiology/infectious diseases
- Three years knowledge and working experience in STD programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Information: To apply, click the red “APPLY...Add to My Jobs!" below and complete the on-line Application. In addition, the hiring agency also requires the following:
- In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation & sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
- Candidates outside of state government are typically hired at the entry salary.
- Job announcements are subject to change/removal without notice.
- Positions are closed once a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are identified.
- Due to the volume of credentials received, only those under interview consideration will be contacted regarding status of their application.
- Current DCH employees are subject to State Personnel Administration rules regarding salary.
- DCH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DCH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc
- The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
- As an employee of DCH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
The Georgia Department of Community Health strives to provide access to affordable, quality health care in our communities; encourage responsible health planning and use of health care resources; and promote healthy behaviors and improved health outcomes.
DCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer