The job requisition to which you referred is closed and is not currently open for application.
The details for this requisition are shown below for archival and reference use only.
Annual Salary Minimum:
Annual Salary Maximum:
Salary Details: Competitive starting salary up to $78,000 a year
Duties & Responsibilities: The Java Developer:
1. Determines the scope of the assigned project(s) by assessing requirements from DHS business and technical/network personnel.
2. Evaluates and selects the appropriate technical platform for the system. Work includes integration planning; integration analysis across multiple technical platforms; integration analysis across DHS to include both global system design; and detailed program design for complex processes or interfaces; review of database design of new data structures and suggested modifications to existing data structures.
3. Documents and teaches structure and function of the new application and/or enhancements resulting from the assigned project(s) to other web application managers and senior technical personnel to ensure that new systems or enhancements operate in a smooth environment.
4. Provides leadership to staff members in the development of common standards and procedures for system design and programming, component and system optimization and tuning, database design to ensure the integrity and high quality, data optimization and tuning.
5. Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Training & Experience: • Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university
• 7 years of computer programming and analysis experience at a level equivalent to a ISATL which included using Web Services, XML, SOAP, object persistence methodologies and application integration
• 7+ years of experience with full project lifecycle experience in implementing web based systems
• Proficient in troubleshooting, self-motivated and driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision, and able to exercise good judgment to keep critical systems operational
• Experience in converting Visual Basic and or/mainframe applications to .Net applications or Java
• Experience in application architecture, design models, diagrams, layouts, definitions and/or specifications to show process, systems design, and/or integration complexity in a clear and precise manner
• Proficient in analyzing information thoroughly and effectively to determine the severity and extent of technical platform changes, customer requirements and/or software problems encountered on the Integrated Systems.
• 6 + years experience using the following technologies: .Net, ASP.Net, or Java, Visual Basic C#, MS SQL Server 2000 in implementing web based systems.
• 6+ years with working knowledge of software releases, versioning, change control and source control systems
• 6+ years OLE DB, SQL & enterprise database development experience, Oracle 9i, or other RDBMS.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: business administration or related field from an accredited college or university
2. Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible work experience in an Information Technology setting, working on complex systems and/or large scale and complex automation projects, of which two (2) years were involved in designing and building the interface between information systems and databases
3. Extensive experience in large-scale application architecture, design, and development using major tools
4. Extensive knowledge of object modeling tools and techniques, principles of object oriented design practices, application architecture, and knowledge of systems and systems development, capacity planning, and network communications concepts
5. Experience architecting Web service solutions
6. Experience converting Legacy applications to Java based applications
7. Knowledge of or hands on experience with XML, XSLT, XSD highly desirable
9. Eight (8)+ years of experience in troubleshooting
10. Seven (7)+ years of database/Data Access -- RDBMS(Oracle, DB2, SQL), tables, triggers, logical and physical modeling, access strategies and tools, concurrency models
11. Seven (7)+ years of experience utilize Java, Oracle PL/SQL, DB2 and UML
12. Six (6)+ years experience using the following technologies: Java, J2EE, JSP, Beans, Swing Framework, Hibernate and EJB
13. Five (5) years computer programming and analysis experience at a level equivalent to an ISATL which included using Web Services, XML, SOAP, object persistence methodologies and application integration
Additional Information: To apply, click the red “APPLY...Add to My Jobs!" below and the on-line Resume Builder. In addition, the hiring agency also requires the following:
It is important for interested candidates to read the complete announcement and email, as attachments, a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure proper routing/handling of your credentials, copy/paste or type the following title in the subject line of your email: OIT/Developer
For more information about this job contact:*
*Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.