The job requisition to which you referred and is not currently open for application.
The details for this requisition are shown below for archival and reference use only.
Dept Behavioral Hlth& Dev Disb
GA Regional Savannah
Annual Salary Minimum:
Annual Salary Maximum:
Salary Details: PG17/Salary Depends On Skills And Experience
Duties & Responsibilities: The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social Service Chief at Georgia Regional Hospital At Savannah. (Please visit www.garegionalsavannah.com for more info about the hospital).
• Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the delivery of the hospital’s social services system.
• Assures that community social services supports are adequate, appropriate, and accessible.
• Assures that hospital’s social services meets or exceeds national practice standards for the social services profession.
• Develop long and short-term goals for the Social Services Division and participates in the agency's strategic and operational planning.
• Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges employees assigned to the Social Services Division.
• Maintains awareness of advances in social work, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance charges, and financing options.
• Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for social service employees.
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of social services and programs in coordination with the CRIPA standards of care.
• Oversees the planning, development, scheduling, and implementation of social service programs and activities.
• Participates in the development and administration of budgets.
• Performs community assessments and develops policies and plans based on data collection, activity reports, planning documents, program plans and objectives.
• Plans and organizes program structure and policies to meet organizational and programmatic objectives
• Set priorities and implements goals and objectives to meet or resolve identified systems issues using a Quality Management approach.
Save resume in word doc before attaching it and email to address listed below, including the position title in the subject line for quicker processing.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of supervisory experience in a health care services environment Or Master degree in a related field and one year of supervisory experience in a health care services environment Or Doctorate degree in a related field Note: Some positions may require certification or licensure
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in social work and one year of supervisory experience in a mental health services environment. Candidates must be license eligible in the State of Georgia for either LMSW or LCSW licensure. Preference will be given to candidates who are LMSW or LCSW. Experience supervising and directing social workers and hospital inpatient social services, respectively.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact:*
*Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.